Friends of Lake Meadows (FoLM) Photographic Competition Rules 2018
1.The competition is administered by the Friends of Lake Meadows and aims to promote the park to the local community. It is open to any residents and their families, living in Billericay and the surrounding area.
2. The competition closes at midnight onWednesday August 31st 2018, which is the closing date for entries.
3. There are two classes for entry: adults and juniors (under 16 years).
4. Entrants may submit up to four photos, either as prints, in colour or black and white, or as electronic images (which are preferred). All entries must be taken at Lake Meadows Park, Billericay during the period November 2017 to August 2018
5. Entries may be taken on any photographic device including cameras or phones and may feature any aspect of the park, such as wildlife, people in the park, seasons, events, scenes or unusual shots
6. Images should not be digitally enhanced. The judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
7. Entrants must not be professional photographers, nor will they have offered any of their entries for sale or have been paid for any publication of their entries.
8. There is no entrance fee this year, but each entry should be made on an official form available belowor from the secretary. Entries should be sent to the FoLM team: firstname.lastname@example.org ring 07843 860 135 for the address to which to send them.
9. No entries can be returned and proof of posting is not proof of receipt. The organisers accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, but will acknowledge receipt.
10. All entries will be judged by a panel of judges, who will select a shortlist of photographs (the 'Finalists') which, in their opinion, best promote the park. They will consider a range of factors including composition, originality, and the appeal of the photographs. The judges' decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
Prizes will be presented at an event during the period when the finalists’ photographs are displayed at Billericay Library, in the early autumn.
12. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright of all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
13. Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs that they submit, but by entering the competition all entrants grant to the FoLM the rights to publish and exhibit their photographs in print, on their website or in any other media. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Entrants whose photographs are one of the finalists also agree to take part in post-competition publicity. While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every use of the photographs will include photographers' names.
14. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the judges reserve the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time at their absolute discretion if they have reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
15. If FoLM is unable to contact the winners, after reasonable attempts have been made, the FoLM reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
16. The FoLM reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.